FREE AND OPEN WEB
I stood with millions over the last few weeks ,and was recently disappointing by the turn of events that occurred during the last Meeting of the International Telecommunications Union Held in Dubai.The meetings sole purpose was to increase censorship and regulation of the Internet.At the meeting that concluded last Friday i am Happy to announce that 55 countries DID not sign the treaty or that added review was needed.I Stand with those 55 Countries that refused to sign,it means that there is still Hope in this world.Unfortunately 89 Countries Signed the Treaty.And to those countries,it is a Damn Shame.I hope for the sake of their future Generations that they do not regret the Decision that they will have to live with.
Please for the sake of our Future Generations go to this link ,remember everything Depends on information…who are we to Deny others the same!!!
- 89 ITU members sign controversial U.N. telecom treaty (dailystar.com.lb)
- Free and Open Web (computerinformationsystems.wordpress.com)
- Good News for Net Fans — Treaty Fails (cio-today.com)
- Free speech: US, India, Canada reject UN Internet regulation treaty – Firstpost (firstpost.com)
- The UK Was Ignored In ‘Egregious’ ITU Internet Treaty Talks (techweekeurope.co.uk)
- Google Inc (GOOG) Warns About Possible Future Web Censorship (valuewalk.com)
- European Parliament warns against UN internet control..Google takes action to support open Internet (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- US and UK refuse to sign UN Internet treaty (information-age.com)
- UN internet regulation talks in Dubai threaten web freedom | Dan Gillmor (guardian.co.uk)
- Good News for Net Fans — Treaty Fails (sci-tech-today.com)
Posted on December 20, 2012, in IT, NON-IT and tagged computerinformationsystems, Dubai, FREE AND OPEN WEB, FREE WEB, Friday, Google, International Telecommunication Union, International Telecommunications Union Held, IT, ITU, Middle East, OPEN WEB, Tech, Uncategorized, United Nations, United States, Vint Cerf. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.